Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Fecal Matters


From Joseph:
I ride the Yellow Line every day from Huntington in Alexandria to work. When I park and enter the station I use stairwell no. 3.

In all of the years that I've used this stairwell--the closest to the station--it has always been filled with garbage and urine. It's disgusting.

Months ago, the stairwell was renovated. They parge coated the steps and sealed everything.

I noticed that it was open the other day, so I decided to take a look.

I was pleasantly surprised until I noticed the nasty pile of stinking crap that was sitting right next to the door. I almost stepped in it. That was the final straw.

What's the point of spending the time, money and effort to fix the stairwell if it's just going to be filled with urine and feces again?

I park and ride everyday and use Metro throughout the day for work. It costs me $12 a day. With Metro's earnings, can't they send one employee to check on these things?

I'm disappointed to say the least.

The more I look around at the declining state of Metro's facilities, the lack of visible WMATA staff, and the fact that the escalators I have to use everyday are habitually down at Huntington, I start wondering what kind of an operation is this?

I work in the management services division for an agency locally. From an administrative standpoint, if I ran my facilities the way they do, I'd be sent packing.
Other items:
Arrests in Metrobus slaying (WTTG)
$4.5 million wasted on MetroAccess mismanagement (report) (WMATA/PDF)
Meeting held to discuss Bethesda escalator woes (WTTG)
Station name changes proposed (WMATA/PDF)
 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License.
Site Meter